- What are the available channels to submit an approval request?
GlobeMed has made it easier for you to submit your requests through various channels such as:
* Visiting the support link by scanning the QR code at the back of the medical card and choosing “Submit Approval Request” and follow the steps.
* Messaging us on our WhatsApp number 01066669888, located at the back of the medical card, and follow the steps.
* Downloading the GlobeMed Fit application, available on Apple store and Google play, and following the steps under the insurance section.
- What is the E-prescription and what benefits does it give to the member?
E-prescription is a preliminary electronic approval that you receive via SMS and is ONLY used through online providers which gives you the privilege of:
A) Receiving your prescribed services at any online provider of your preference
B) Partial dispensing of approved items, in case the provider of choice happens to lack one of the prescribed services. By this you can have the available services provided and then get the remaining service from a different provider.
- What is the validity period of the claim form and approvals?
All types of approvals issued are valid for 14 days from the date of issuance, except:
* Acute medication approvals which has a 7 days validity
* Approvals with the added note “to be dispensed without claim form”, has the validity of 4 days only from the date of issuance.
- What should I do if the claim form carbon copies are not clear enough to use at the second point of service?
You must make sure that all claim form carbon copies are clear and consists of all mandatory data (name, date, diagnosis, ID, medication dose & duration if any) before leaving the first point of service. If this is not the case, you can ask to have a copy or a photo of the first point of service’s claim form in order to use it along with the unclear carbon copy at the second point of service. Please note that any prescribed service will require a clear copy so make sure you print as many clear copies as the prescribed services.
- Can the prescribing physician write directly or amend the claim form carbon copies?
Yes, however, the physician must stamp right next to the amendment, otherwise it will be rejected without the stamp.
- Why do chronic treatments need posting on GlobeMed’s system?
Chronic treatments are posted on our system to make medication dispensing systemized and at your ease. By uploading it on the system, all you need to is to visit the provider of your choice within GlobeMed’s network and claim your posted treatment using just the insurance card without the need for having a prescription or claim form. Kindly note that posting periods are determined based on your medical condition and prescribed duration. Please check the chronic guidelines to know the posting period for each chronic disease along with the required documents, laboratory tests or radiological reports.
- Availability of dispensing medication alternatives if an item is not found in the market?
* Has the same active constituent
* Price should be within 10% of the price of prescribed medication.
Otherwise, you will have to return to the physician and ask him to prescribe the available medication and stamp the claim form.
- How to get the services prescribed if the consultation was made through an outside network provider?
Head directly to online provider of your choice with a full prescription that must include all mandatory data including name, date, diagnosis, stamp, medication dose and duration if any. Make sure that every type of service is written on a separate prescription. For instance, if the physician prescribed medication and lab tests, you should have 2 prescriptions for the 2 types of services, each with full mandatory data in order to hand in to the corresponding online providers along with your medical card to receive the prescribed services.
- What is a chronic treatment?
Chronic treatment is a monthly treatment for any medical condition that usually requires long-term treatment or is sometimes non-curable. Chronic medications are indicated to enhance the quality of life.
- Why your chronic medications are posted on GlobeMed’s system?
Chronic treatments are posted on our system to be dispensed on monthly basis directly from the provider of your choice within our network without the need to get a prior approval as per the posting period. Chronic treatments are dispensed directly using your insurance card without the need for having a prescription as long as they are posted on the system. Posting periods are determined based on your medical condition and are susceptible for renewal if the needed documents are provided. Please check the chronic guidelines to get to know the posting period for each chronic disease along with the required documents, laboratory tests or radiation tests for each disease.
Please send us your prescription while mentioning the daily doses & concentrations along with your medical ID number and the supporting medical documents at email@example.com
Chronic treatments are posted on the system within 24 hours.
- What shall I do if not all my medications are available at the same provider?
It is very common not to find all your medications at the same pharmacy. GlobeMed enables you to partially dispense your chronic medications from a pharmacy and dispensing the other later on from a different pharmacy at your convenience. You should inform the pharmacist not to dispense the medications that are not available so you can dispense them from another pharmacy.